You & your child have


call us now

we can help


we help
arkansas families

for help
ends here


get straight answers about how
you can protect you & your child

  1. Contact us for a consultation with an experienced lawyer to talk about your case.
  2. We handle the difficult legal work while you focus moving on with the rest of your life.
  3. We communicate about important decisions that will impact you and those you love.

Assisting Little Rock Military Personnel With Deployment And Child Custody Matters

Many service members wrongly assume that a transfer to another base or deployment automatically puts them at a disadvantage with regard to the custody of their children. While any custody arrangement should serve the best interests of the children first, there are a number of steps that can be taken prior to your departure that can help to protect your parental rights while you are away.

Extensive Military Divorce And Child Custody Expertise

I am attorney Vickie Lynn Cochran, and at the Law Office of Vickie Lynn Cochran, my associate and I have extensive experience representing service members all throughout Little Rock, Arkansas, in a broad range of custody-related issues.

While a deployment, TDY or PCS may be cause for a modification, or even in some cases, a temporary or permanent change of custody, that is not necessary in most cases.

Preparing For Your Temporary Duty Assignment Or Permanent Change Of Station

Once you have received notice of your transfer or deployment, it is important that you take the necessary steps to ensure that your parental rights are fully protected and that your children are cared for while you are away. As your lawyer, we will help you through the entire process and work with you to develop a comprehensive plan.

We are prepared to help you with any issues in preparation for your departure and while you are away, including the following:

  • Preparing a family care plan, including a power of attorney for your child's care
  • Modification of any existing child custody or visitation orders
  • Seeking protection under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), including stays of pending actions during your deployment or TDY
  • Addressing issues related to child support
  • Custodial parent relocations

Reach Out To Us For Guidance: 501-313-1813, Toll Free At 800-323-8884

Contact our office today to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your deployment and child custody matters. You can also reach us by email.